Sunday, April 08, 2007

39th Surfman Award:The Jimmy MacElroy Hairstyle


Recently T and me took in a showing of Jon Heder and Will Ferrell's new comedy Blades of Glory, and despite the bad reviews that I had read, we laughed throughout the film. The lads presented quite a comical view of the very serious, very competitive world of figure skating. My parents had me take figure skating lessons from the age of two through five, where I was finally given an out to play organized hockey. I suppose it helped my ice skating but I was always self-conscious even back than about how my mates would see me in the tough factory town we grew up in. Now, I don't care of course, but back than I was miserable. Later I would meet a few peolpe who were heavily involved in figure skating who were not the least bit open to joking around about it and got down right upset when I tried to get them to take themselves and their sport less seriously, oh well, to each its own. I read that the figure skating world was enthusiastic about this film and more than willing to mock themselves a bit, which I think will in return provide some good publicity for their sport. Thank you Jon and Will and the cast and crew for this film, great job!!! And speaking of great jobs, how about that hairstyle on Jon Heder's charatcer Jimmy MacElroy...I love it, especially since my present hairstly is exactly like it, which T pointed out during the movie. What is not to love about this great hairstyle I say, soon every hipster-cat is going to want one. Bring on "The MacElroy" !!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, you rock that hair-do, Paul!!!

7:12 PM  
Blogger the surfman said...

Thanks Karina...for years I have been searching to give my mop-top a name...free at last, free at last, free at last!!!!!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home